At Fortson, Bentley and Griffin, we strive to prevent our franchise law clients from becoming entangled in legal disputes. When a franchise-related dispute does arise, however, our litigation team is experienced in franchise litigation. Our litigation attorneys work closely with our franchise law attorneys to provide clients with representation backed by practical experience as a result of daily involvement with franchise issues. Our litigation attorneys are devoted to aggressively representing clients involved in franchise disputes and have developed significant experience in helping clients resolve disputes between franchisors and franchisees.
Representing both franchisors and franchisees, our attorneys routinely appear in state and federal courts and strive to handle cases in a cost-effective and timely manner. Broad experience in mediating, arbitrating and litigating franchise issues, when coupled with the hands-on experience of FB&G’s franchise law attorneys, provides our clients with a unique and balanced perspective when they face a dispute.
Our franchise litigation experience includes:
- Fraudulent Inducement Claims: including those brought under both state franchising laws and common law and state law statutory claims (e.g., Deceptive Trade Practices Acts)
- Breach of Contract Claims: including claims for breach of the implied covenant of good faith and fair dealing in numerous areas such as the expenditure of advertising funds, mandated product supply and pricing disputes, territorial encroachment, and transfers and renewals
- Terminations and Non-Renewals
- Post-Termination Claims: including those arising in connection with the enforcement of non-competition clauses
- Intellectual Property Disputes: including trademark infringement, misappropriation of trade secrets or confidential information, and franchisee efforts to independently develop new products and services
- Business Loss Claims: including claims for expectancy damages arising from termination of a franchise agreement or abandonment by a franchisee
If you are seeking experienced legal representation in a franchise dispute, please contact us online or by telephone at 706-548-1151 to speak with one of our experienced attorneys.