Upshaw C. Bentley Jr.
877-355-0830 (Toll Free)
UPSHAW C. BENTLEY, JR. was born in Greenville, South Carolina. He was admitted to the Georgia bar in 1949. He earned his B.B.A. degree from the University of Georgia in 1947, and his LL.B. degree in 1949. Mr. Bentley is a member of Phi Delta Phi and Phi Kappa Phi. He served as the attorney for Clarke County from 1958 through 1971, and as Mayor of the City of Athens from 1976 through 1979.
Mr. Bentley is a fellow of the American Bar Foundation and the Lawyers Foundation of Georgia. He is a member of the Western Circuit Bar Association, and he served as President of the Association in 1967. Mr. Bentley is a member of the American Bar Association, the State Bar of Georgia, the Lawyers Club of Atlanta, and the College of Mortgage Attorneys. His practice areas include Real Estate, Commercial, Governmental and Banking Law.
Areas of Practice
- Real Estate
- Governmental and Banking Law
- Georgia, 1949
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Georgia, 1949
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia, 1949
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Georgia, 1949
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1960
- University of Georgia School of Law, Athens, Georgia
- LL.B. - 1949
- Georgia, University of Athens, GA.
- B.B.A. - 1947
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The American Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Lawyers Foundation of Georgia, Fellow
- Western Circuit Bar Association, Member
- Western Circuit Bar Association, President, 1967 - Present
- The American Bar Association, Member
- The State Bar of Georgia, Member
- The Lawyers Club of Atlanta, Member
- College of Mortgage Attorneys, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Clarke County, Attorney, 1958 - 1971
- City of Athens, Mayor, 1976 - 1979
- Phi Delta Phi
- Phi Kappa Phi